Monday, November 30, 2020

Birthday Fishes - Stampin' Up! Whale Done

   Happy Monday everyone!  After an extra long "weekend" for Thanksgiving it's now time to get back in the swing of a regular week again.  I'm sharing a birthday card today even though I need to keep working on Christmas cards.  

  I made this one for my dad who loves to go fishing as much as possible.  The Whale Done stamp set and Whale of a Time DSP are more ocean fish and he does fresh water fishing but I figured it was close enough.

  I built the card up from the back because I loved this pattern of the fish swirling around.  I used the same colors for the stamping the little fish and bubbles on the Whisper White panel; Just Jade, Honeybee, Calypso Coral and Pacific Point stamped off once.

  On the edge of the Whisper White panel I added a narrow piece of the trimmed off DSP and topped it with a length of braided linen trim stretched and frayed a bit.

  The sentiment is stamped in black and then punched with the Tailored Tag punch.  I added a few white enamel dots from the retired stash and popped it up with dimensionals.

  To balance the card the turtle is fussy cut from another DSP piece and also popped on dimensionals.

 Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Whale Done

Ink: Just Jade, Honeybee, Calypso Coral, Pacific Point, Memento Black

Paper: Whale of a Time DSP, Whisper White, Just Jade

Accessories: Stitched Rectangle dies, Tailored Tag punch, Braided Linen Trim, dimensionals, enamel dots (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!