Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Poppy Panels - Stampin' Up! Painted Poppies

   I've been busy since Saturday morning and haven't had a chance to stamp or to even share anything from my stash.  The forecast looks rainy for the next few days so I hope to get some quality time in my stamp room and have something to show you.

  For now I've got a card I made for a good friend who is also a stamper so I couldn't share it here until after I gave it to her over the weekend. 


   I felt like doing a bit of coloring for this card which has a nice birthday sentiment on the inside.  I kept the front clean to let the poppies be the star of the show.

  The card base is Whisper White thick, then a layer of Whisper White embossed with the Dainty Diamonds folder.  More Whisper White is used for the 3 panels cut with the Stitched Rectangle die.  I stamped the poppy 3 times in Memento black and after letting them dry for a bit to prevent the ink from running I colored with Blends.  I used Poppy Parade, Blackberry Bliss and Magenta Madness.  Then I colored around the outside of each flower using my Pool Party light marker.  I tried to stay inside the stitched lines to give a very narrow white border for some added detail.

  A length of crinkled seam binding ribbon and a matching fork bow are added to the front before popping the panels up on dimensionals.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Painted Poppies

Ink: Memento Black

Blends: Poppy Parade, Blackberry Bliss, Magenta Madness

Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White

Accessories: Dainty Diamonds embossing folder, Stitched Rectangle dies, crinkled seam binding ribbon, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!