Thursday, June 27, 2019

Copper Tipped Leaves - Stampin' Up! Rooted in Nature

I'm digging back in the files for today's card share.  My stampers made this one at my May class where I was featuring stamp sets with coordinating dies where the bundle pricing was going to be ending with the start of the new catalog.  This card uses the Rooted in Nature stamp set and Nature's Root dies.  If you didn't get this with the bundle pricing during the last catalog never fear the items are still available just separately.

  We did an ink direct to paper technique which had us dripping drops of reinker onto the silicone craft mat, lightly spritzing with water then laying watercolor paper over the top and gently pressing the paper to the ink/water.  After you pull the paper up you get a lovely blend of colors and splotches.  Each person did theirs a bit differently and the results were all beautiful!

  After drying the watercolor paper the die cut leaves were tipped in copper embossing powder and heated and adhered to the card front around the sentiment.  I had lots of sentiment choices for my stampers but I went with the father's day theme for my sample.

  I want to try this technique again with some different colors for a whole different vibe. 

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Itty Bitty Greetings

Ink: Night of Navy, Blueberry Bushel, Bermuda Bay, Call Me Clover, Versamark

Paper: Night of Navy, Call Me Clover, watercolor paper, Bermuda Bay

Accessories: Nature's Roots dies, copper embossing powder, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!