Thursday, July 26, 2018

Goofy Giraffe Birthday - Stampin' Up! Animal Outing

  I thought I'd have my act together this week to get some projects shared but it seems that since I didn't have much time or energy to stamp last week that means I don't have any projects to share this week!  And next week is stamp club so I'm busy designing and making a mess in the stamp room to get ready for that.  A vicious cycle I tell ya!

  I do have a card that I whipped up for my now 10 (!!!) year olds birthday a few weeks back.  The Animal Outing stamp set hadn't seen any ink since I ordered it in June so I thought it was high time to play.



  This was a sketch challege some weeks back but I can't remember now and besides it's long closed.  I liked the 3 panels for the giraffe stamped in different angles.  He kind of ended up looking like he was spinning around in a carnival ride, or maybe the dryer but whatever...

  I colored him in with watercolor pencils and a blender pen and cut him out with the Stitched Shapes square framelits.

The sentiment is from the Tabs for Everything set (I love the small mix and match words) and then punched and layered.  I added a few sprigs of Call Me Clover die cut leaves to keep the card from being too blah with the parched plains tan-ish color palette.

  The Animal Expedition paper was a fun addition to the background for a bit of animal print goodness.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Animal Outing, Tabs for Everything

Ink: Memento black

Paper: Crumb Cake, Crushed Curry, Whisper White, Call Me Clover, Animal Expedition DSP, Soft Suede

Accessories: Stitched Shapes framelits, Animal Friends thinlets, circle punches, dimensionals, Watercolor pencils

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!