Friday, July 20, 2018

Can't Get Enough Tropical - Stampin' Up! Tropical Chic - Fab Friday 142

  Vacation Bible School has been kicking my butt this week.  We have 145 kids this year so for us volunteers in the Crafts room we are running and running and running each morning.  Today is the last day and hopefully the final project will go smoothly.  Next week I'll be getting back to a regular schedule that includes time to blog each morning.  In the meantime you'll have to make due with the latest Fab Friday challenge as my only post this week.

  It's a pretty color combo this time.  Though I will admit to being stumped what to do with all.that.green.  Seriously 3 shades right?  I was having trouble with that Mossy Meadow playing nicely with the others.  I know Stampin' Up! is calling it a neutral but I guess I'm old school and still consider green a color-color.  I tried a few different things and nothing seemed quite right.  Maybe it's my VBS fried mind but it was a struggle.


  This is what I finally came up with that, while not my favorite I'm not completely hating on it.


  I can't seem to get enough of the Tropical Chic set as I've used it so much lately.  Those leaves are just call to me and since we have all.that.green. in this challenge I couldn't look away!

  I pulled in the Mossy Meadow finally by using an aquapainter and the MM ink to color the embossed leaves on the piece of Mint Macaron as well as a thin strip of the MM cardstock along the edge.

  The rest is straightforward with the leaves inked in Mint Macaron with just a hint of the Tranquil Tide sponged on the edges.  Powder Pink flower check, Tranquil Tide frond check.  Sentiment flag check.

  Head over to the Fab Friday Challenge to see the rest of the fantastic Design Team in action with these colors and then add your creation to the gallery!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Tropical Chic

Ink: Mossy Meadow, Mint Macaron, Tranquil Tide, Powder Pink

Paper: Powder Pink, Mint Macron, Tranquil Tide, Mossy Meadow, Whisper White

Accessories: adhesive pearls, Layered Leaves embossing folder, Tropical Thinlets, Tranquil Tide woven ribbon (retired)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!