Monday, July 31, 2017

Fin-Tastic Happy Birthday - Stampin' Up! Seaside Shore

  Both of my boys' birthdays are in July and are actually only 4 days apart so that week is pretty busy and crazy.  Sometimes I find myself rushing to finish up birthday celebration preparations the night before.  This year was no exception as I was in my stamp room the night before Alex's birthday to finish stamping and adhering the last bits to his card so we could sign it and set it out with his gifts.  Well hurrying and stamping don't go together very well most of the time and this is the proof...


  Can you see what went wrong with this one?  I shared this pic to my Facebook business page that night and a few eagle eyed customers spotted the problem!  The card was designed as a landscape orientation but I mistakenly stamped the card insert in portrait layout.  Duh!  Luckily I didn't have to restamp the whole insert I just cut out the words and adhered them to a new Whisper White card insert and then stamped the fish again. 

  And here is the card in all of it's colorful, pun-y glory.



  My boys get a kick out puns so it was a no brainer to do a few to go with the fish theme of the card and the Labeler Alphabet stamp set makes it so easy.

  The card base is Dapper Denim with the circle stamp stamped randomly all off the front.  I layered a bit of Whisper White next (I think this might have been a sketch challenge from a while ago but I don't remember which one!).  A small strip of Bermuda Bay comes next.

  The seaweed is stamped in Lemon Lime Twist onto Lemon Lime Twist cardstock.   The fish are stamped in Dapper Denim, Tempting Turquoise, and Bermuda Bay and then fussy cut.  I popped them up with dimensionals across the LLT panel.

  The Labeler Alphabet was used with black ink and then just snipped out with my paper snips.

  So my takeaway from this card is that clearly I need to not be stamping at night and I really need to be more organized with birthday cards.  We'll see if I can work on that for next year's birthday week!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Seaside Shore, Labeler Alphabet

Ink: Dapper Denim, Lemon Lime Twist, Tempting Turquoise, Bermuda Bay, black

Paper: Dapper Denim, Lemon Lime Twist, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White

Accessories: dimensionals

 

1 comment:

  1. The Labeler Alphabet and circle stamp in the background add just enough distressing to keep it from getting too cutsey for a boy. I'm sure he's going to love it! Glad to know I am not the only one who mis-orientates the inside sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!