Friday, July 21, 2017

Coffee Cupcake - Stampin' Up! Coffee Cafe - Fab Friday 117

  I have been so slacking with my blog lately!  I can't seem to get into a good rhythm of stamping AND sharing!  We've have VBS at our church this past week and of course I am one of the craft ladies.  It's hard work getting 100+ kids, ages 3-10 through the crafts station every day.  We have a great team and we're having fun but when I get home at lunch time there isn't too much energy left for creative work!  My family would probably say there isn't much energy left for interesting dinners either!

  But I do have a card ready for today's newest Fab Friday challenge!  We have a fun sketch challenge and hope that you can join us with a design of your own.


  I'm a firm believer that you can't have too many birthday cards in your stash so I went with a very pink birthday card this time!


  I'm generally not a huge pink fan and rarely use the lighter pinks except for accents and baby girl cards.  I thought the sweet cupcake would work well with the new In Color Powder Pink.

  The Coffee Cafe stamp set clearly has the market cornered for coffee themed images.  The cups and accessories are fun for all your caffeinated card making needs.  But what might not be apparent is that you can use this set to make cupcakes as well.   That whipped cream stamp looks great a frosting (or icing if that's what you call it....any baker's out there who can tell me the difference??) and the woodgrain cup pattern as well as the plain sleeve stamp make for pretty nice cupcake bottoms wouldn't you say?

  I used Powder Pink ink for the frosting and the hearts sprinkled around.  Chocolate Chip ink is the cupcake bottom and the sentiment from Tabs for Everything.

  I put everything together with a doily, 1/2" woven ribbon in Powder Pink, white baker's twine and some rhinestones.

  I'm looking forward to seeing your beautiful creation in the Fab Friday gallery!  Now get to work!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Coffee Cafe, Tabs for Everything

Ink: Powder Pink, Chocolate Chip

Paper: Powder Pink, White Shimmer, Chocolate Chip

Accessories: Stitched Shapes framelits, paper doily, rhinestones, 1/2" woven ribbon, dimensionals, baker's twine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!