Friday, January 31, 2014

To the Moon! Fab Friday is Back!

  Whew!  We made it through another week!  It's Friday and the Fab Friday challenge is back in action!  We took a month off and now we're ready to rock.  So what do we have in store for you for the first challenge of 2014?  Check it out!



  How about that color combination...Great colors for Valentine's Day right?  Well that's the direction I took it!


  I love this image from the Love You to the Moon set.  It's perfect for little boys (which I have!) and it works well for my husband too.  Way back when before we were married I gave him the Guess How Much I Love You children's book.  So we've always used the "love you to the moon and back" phrase... "to the moon and back" is even engraved inside his wedding ring.  So you can see why I had to get this stamp set!

  Since the image is kind of small I kept the layout clean and simple and focused on the challenge colors.

  The card base is Crumb Cake with 2 corners rounded.  I added a narrow strip of Coastal Cabana that is embossed with the Decorative Dots folder.  Don't the little bumps look like the the moon craters?  Then I added a little strip of Silver Glimmer paper next to the Coastal Cabana.

  For the image panel I inked up the stamp with markers and stamped it on Whisper White cardstock then cut it out with the Oval Framelits.  Then I stamped the moon part on Coastal Cabana cardstock with Versamark and heat embossed it with white e.p.  I cut the moon out and popped it up with a dimensional onto the oval panel.

  The final part of this card is the Real Red flag with the glittery Coastal Cabana heart.  I just cut a little flag out of a small scrap, punched the heart with the owl punch and added some Dazzling Details to sparkle it up a bit.

  I hope you'll play along with us at Fab Friday!  Show us all the fabulousness you can do with these colors!  For more inspiration check out the rest of the Design Team!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Love You to the Moon

Ink: Versarmark, markers- Crumb Cake, Coastal Cabana, Real Red

Paper: Crumb Cake, Coastal Cabana, Silver Glimmer paper, Real Red, Whisper White

Accessories: Oval framelits, white e.p., Decorative Dots, Owl Punch, Dazzling Details, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. I love this stamp! I saw that to Marc all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card!! Love the strip of glimmer paper!! So sparkly!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!