Thursday, January 23, 2014

Hooray for Today --- Or Not!

  So yesterday I said only in the south could school be cancelled 2 days in a row for an inch of snow.  Well I need to amend that to 3 days in a row!  Apparently there is too much ice on the roads and the schools need to be closed again??!!  So it's another lazy day here at our house.  Though I did lay down the law last night at dinner that if there wasn't school today that we would finish writing our Christmas thank you notes.  That of course was met with groans...I think the boys might rather be at school!  =)  But it needs to be done and I'm already slightly embarrassed that we haven't completed that after Christmas task.

  Today I'm sharing the last project that we did at my private stamping class a few weekends ago.  Since almost everyone at the class was new to stamping I wanted to keep the projects simple but cute.  You don't want to overwhelm beginners with too many techniques or tools.

 

  For this card we started with a So Saffron base and then used a layer of Retro Fresh DSP (Occasions catalog).  The sentiment from Geometrical (Occasions catalog) was stamped in Baked Brown Sugar onto Whisper White. After I had these projects prepped for the class I realized that the Retro Fresh DSP uses Very Vanilla instead of Whisper White....oh well...it's doesn't look too strange does it?

  We then stamped 2 Coastal Cabana triangles and punched them out with the Triangle punch (Occasions catalog) along with one from another pattern of the Retro Fresh DSP.  The triangleS are adhered to the corner of the card to look like a banner.

  The final touch is a candy dot on the "R" of the sentiment.  I love this sentiment because it can be used not only for birthdays but any exciting accomplishment or reason for celebration.

  I hope you have reason to "Hooray" today....maybe your kids are back in school??  =)

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Geometrical

Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, Coastal Cabana

Paper: So Saffron, Whisper White, Retro Fresh DSP

Accessories: candy dots, Triangle Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!