Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Baby Girl Elephant

Am I on a roll or what??  3 days in a row right?  I've been getting a lot of inspiration from challenges and today's card actually uses 2.  One for the layout and one for the colors.

Hand Stamped Sentiments has the color challenge of Wisteria Wonder, Strawberry Slush, and Coastal Cabana.  Mojo Monday challenge is the layout that I used.  I did flip the sketch on it's side but it still works right?


 Old friends of ours just had their first baby right before Christmas so I needed to make a card to send with a little gift.  Can you tell that the baby was a girl??

  Not only was my inspiration from the 2 challenges but my friend Mindy is on the Hand Stamped Sentiments design team and she made the cutest tag using the challenge colors so I told her I was totally going to CASE (copy and share with everyone).  Obviously not an exact CASE but I had to go with a Wisteria Wonder elephant too!  Thanks Mindy!  You rock girlfriend!

  Now for the details.  Just a few new things on this card...the DSP is a pattern in the Retro Fresh pack in the Occasions catalog. I love every pattern in the pack!  The Strawberry Slush panel is embossed with the Arrows embossing folder also from the Occasions catalog.

  I stamped the ear in Coastal Cabana and cut it out and glued part of it down to add some dimension. The little heart is covered with Dazzling Details.  I had some of the retired Wisteria Wonder baker's twine left so I paired it up with a Pool Party (or maybe Soft Sky?) button.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Zoo Babies

Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Stazon, Coastal Cabana

Paper: Coastal Cabana, Strawberry Slush, Wisteria Wonder, Retro Fresh DSP, Very Vanilla

Accessories: Arrows e.f., baker's twine, button, Dazzling Details, Owl punch (heart)

5 comments:

  1. Awww....how sweet is this! Love it, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!!! Love the great new texture-perfect!!! The elephant is so adorable-
    love the added touches- just perfect!!! Thanks for playing along with HSS, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! I love the layout. These colors work great for a baby card (although I guess this could be an anyone card :)! I love the little heart. Thanks for playing at HSS! ~Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! I love the purple elephant with the sparkly little heart! I am sure your friend loved this card. Thanks for playing along with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card. Using ds paper for the ear is such an adorable idea! So glad you played with us this week at HSS!

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!