Monday, January 13, 2014

Happy Watercolor, Happy Birthday

  I've finally gotten around to playing with some new Occasions catalog products (and a Sale-a-Bration sneak peek!).  I've had them for what seems like so long and they are just now seeing ink!  I got back to stamping last week to prepare for a private class I did for one of my customers and her friends over the weekend.  I'll be showing those projects over the next few days but right now I want to share a card I made that fits into the current Friday Mashup challenge before the challenge is over.

  The challenge at Friday Mashup is to use twine or make a birthday card or make a card with both elements.  Done!  I always need a lot of birthday cards so I'm pleased to have this one in my stockpile!


  Do you see all the new goodies on this card??  Goodness!  Where do I start?  First, the color combination of Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke and Wisteria Wonder is straight from the color coach.  Not new, but worth pointing out since I would never have gotten these on my own but I like the finished card.  The pops of gold are all mine though.  New products alert!!  The gold bakers twine (for the challenge!) threaded through the button and the gold sequins highlighting the flower center and sprinkled on the card base!  The gold sequin trim is so cool because you can use it in a length like ribbon or snip the thread and pull the sequins off and use individually.

  Next is the Happy Watercolor set, which seems to be perfect for happy spring cards.  I stamped the watercolor splotch (or whatever you'd call it!) in Wisteria Wonder and then stamped the flower right over the top in Always Artichoke.  So easy!  Some added sequins give a pop to the flower panel. Then I stamped the little dots onto the card base in Crumb Cake ink and glued down a few sequins.  To glue down the sequins I just used a tiny dab of mono multi glue.

  The Sale-a-Bration peek is the Decorative Dots embossing folder I used on the Always Artichoke strip across the card.  I think it goes so well with the dots stamp from Happy Watercolor.  I think I'll be using this folder on a ton of cards.

  The banner is stamped with one of my old tried and true birthday greetings from Bring on the Cake.

  I just got my Sale-a-Bration brochure in the mail today so those of you out there with a demonstrator should be getting yours too!  If you don't have a demo I'd be happy to help you out or check out the Stampin' Up! site to search for a demonstrator local to you.

  It's good to be back sharing!  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Happy Watercolor (Occasions catalog), Bring on the Cake

Ink: Always Artichoke, Wisteria Wonder, Crumb Cake

Paper: Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla, Wisteria Wonder

Accessories: Gold Sequin Trim (Occasions catalog), Gold Baker's twine (Occasions catalog),  Decorative Dots embossing folder, very vintage designer button

3 comments:

  1. Ooh! Love these new goodies! The sequins, the twine, such crafty goodness! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lovin' all the new goodies on your card, Amanda! Such a cute card too. Thanks for joining us this week at the Friday Mashup!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Amanda, this is so pretty with the watercolor splash! Love the layout and the sequins are a perfect touch. You may have been an enabler with this one! Thanks for sharing with us at the Friday Mashup;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!