Friday, August 14, 2026

Rising Sun Sailboat - Stampin' Up!® Sunset Coast Dies

      Having a decent stash of masculine birthday cards is always in the back of my mind when creating and I find clean and simple cards the perfect time to focus on those guy cards I might soon be needing.  The Sunset Coast bundle can be used for layered, embellished and over the top "Wow" cards but it can also be great for some clean lines and simple layouts.


 The Addicted to CAS challenge theme of water was my starting point for this card.  I started with a Basic White thick card base, then added a layer of Scenic Coast DSP.  I chose the b side instead of the shimmery side because I liked the uniform color of the water to anchor the center of my card and keep the focus on the mail elements.

  Next I cut 2 of the sunburst dies, one in Crushed Curry and the second in another of the Scenic Coast DSP b sides in a Crushed Curry pattern.  I adhered the cardstock sun to a piece of Basic White and trimmed off the excess.  Next I added the DSP rays from the other die cut to the openings of the cardstock sun using the Basic White backing to give some support to the circle and it was easier to put the glue on the white than the DSP.


  I die cut the sail boat and waves from Secret Sea cardstock and trimmed the boat down and popped it on dimesionals just in front of the sun.  The waves along with the Banner Sayings sentiment are adhered under the boat.  No embellishments or extras on this clean and simple card.

 Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

All of the current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.  

Stamps: Banner Sayings

Ink: Secret Sea

Paper: Basic White thick, Basic White, Secret Sea, Crushed Curry, Scenic Coast DSP

Accessories: Sunset Coast dies, dimensionals



1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful scene you've created. Thanks for playing at Addicted to CAS, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!