Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Pastel Butterfly Get Well - Stampin' Up!® Butterfly Flight Hot Foil Dies

   My new hot foil system continues impress!  The Butterfly Flight hot foil dies and masks got a bit of a work out last weekend when I made a stack of cards utilizing all 5 butterflies for each card!  I'm pleased with how they turned out and how easy it was to use the masks to give them color!


  I used a soft pastel color palette along with the pop of contrasting black and white polka dots for a background.  I started with a Barely Blush card base, then topped that with a piece of Paper Medley DSP.  If you like a variety of DSP all in one pack you're in luck, this one is on sale until the end of August!  You can order it through the link at the bottom of this post.   Before adhering the polka dot paper to the card front I wrapped some Barely Blush Bordered ribbon around it in anticipation for anchoring the sentiment.


 Next I foiled the butterflies in gold on Basic White cardstock and then used blending brushes and the masks to add my colors; Lost Lagoon, Golden Glow and Barely Blush. After they were all colored I used the coordinating die to cut them out along with some Lost Lagoon leaf sprigs.  The gold foil is a really elegant look and comes out so even!


  I arranged the butterflies around the sentiment from the Sending Salutations stamp set cut with the Perennial Postage dies for a fun edge. Some of the butterflies are popped on dimensionals.  Finally a few retired Rainbow Adhesive-Backed Dots accent the sentiment.  The Bubble Bath color is a close match to the Barely Blush.

Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

All of the current supplies used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

Stamps: Sending Salutations

Ink: Memento Black, Golden Glow, Lost Lagoon, Barely Blush

Hot Foil: Butterfly Flight hot foil dies & mask, gold foil

Paper: Barely Blush, Basic White, Lost Lagoon, Paper Medley DSP

Accessories: Perennial Postage dies, dimensionals, Barely Blush Bordered ribbon, Rainbow Adhesive-Backed Dots (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!