The super talented CAS Colours & Sketches Design Team is back today with another great clean and simple challenge! Our colors are courtesy of Joanne and she has a winner with this trio!
Petal Pink, Calypso Coral and Lost Lagoon! I had a bunch of ideas right away but landed on a simple what I like to call a "4 square" layout. I think I pull this basic sketch out at least once every six months. I find it perfect for small images. I decided to use the new Stitched Stocking bundle and threw in a bit of the new hot foiling as well.
Keeping it clean and simple with a Basic White thick card base, then a layer of Basic White tied with a bit of retired Lost Lagoon Soft Cording.
A Stitched Shape square die cut is the base for the 3 little stamped squares in our colors. I stamped each one with the little windowpane plaid stamp from the Stitched Stocking stamp set (yes it's a Christmas set but I love making these seasonal sets good for more than just one season!). I die cut each square with the coordinating die and added a little detail by running my scoring stylus around the inside of the die before removing the cardstock. It gives the die cut a little bit of puffy detail. Subtle details like this are a wonderful way to elevate a clean and simple design without adding more layers.
The sentiment is from the Cutest Crew stamp set and it the perfect size for my 4th square. It's embossed in gold. And check out that hot foiled butterfly! I've made a few cards using the new Stampin' Up!® hot foiling system but I hadn't used the Butterfly Flight bundle yet. The smallest butterfly was the perfect size this this design.
So perfectly shiny! I used the coordinating masks to get the challenge colors in just the right spots. Once it was die cut I folded the wings up just a bit and adhered it with mini dimensionals. I found the little butterfly is the perfect way to use up smaller scraps of foil because you know I can't throw out something that could come in handy someday! I don't want to waste a bit of that shiny goodness!
I can't wait to see what you do with these colors so be sure to share your creation in our challenge gallery. Remember to keep it clean and simple; lots of open space and uncluttered.
Thanks for looking! Did you stamp today?
All of the current supplies used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.
Stamps: Stitched Stocking (Online Exclusive), Cutest Crew (Online Exclusive)
Ink: Petal Pink, Calypso Coral, Lost Lagoon, Versamark
Paper: Basic White thick, Basic White, Petal Pink, Calypso Coral, Lost Lagoon
Accessories: Stitched Stocking dies (Online Exclusive), Stitched Shapes dies, Butterfly Flight Hot Foil bundle, gold foil, dimensionals, Lost Lagoon soft cording (retired), gold embossing powder

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to comment!