I've not been sharing much lately but I have been creating! I haven't gotten into a good routine this summer so it seems blogging has fallen off a bit but I've been designing for class and some other projects so the stamp room hasn't been neglected if you were worried about that!
The Hot Foil system has been playing a part in a lot of my projects lately as I get used to this new technique and incorporate it into my crafting. I was looking for inspiration yesterday and saw the Tic Tac Toe challenge and when I saw "butterflies" as one of the board choices I knew where my card was going!
I decided to play the top row of the board so along with Butterflies I'm doing "sparkle" and "ribbon/twine". So I went all in on the sparkle element by hot foiling the Butterfly Flight hot foil die onto a piece of Barely Blush Shimmer Vellum. I wasn't sure it would work as I hadn't foiled vellum yet and honestly have not paid much attention if others had already tried it. If it didn't work then I would have moved on to plan B but let me tell you how cool it looks! The sparkle is beautiful on the vellum and the gold butterflies are just so elegant.
Look at that!! And it's even prettier in person! So really the only hard part of this card was finding enough spots to add my adhesive to get the vellum to adhere to the Basic White thick card front. I knew I would have space under the sentiment label but other than that there really isn't any place beside the backside of the butterfly bodies. It worked ok and I just very lightly dotted glue on those spots. The corners were a bit of a problem so again I lightly dotted a bit of glue there and thankfully it worked and you can't see it at all.
All of the current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.
Stamps: Prayers & Promises
Ink: Basic Gray
Paper: Basic White thick, Basic White, Sunset Shimmer Specialty Paper
Hot Foil: gold foil, Butterfly Flight dies
Accessories: Filled With Sweetness dies, dimensionals, white & gold baker's twine (retired), Iridescent Faceted rhinestones (retired)

Beautiful card, Amanda! The shimmer and foil are absolutely lovely. Thanks for sharing it at the TTTC
ReplyDeleteHi Amanda, your foiled butterflies are so beautiful and how I love the shimmery vellum. The sentiment is a lovely prayer, it's great that it speaks specifically to recovery. We're so glad you joined us at Tic Tac Toe Challenge, it's so nice to see your card in our gallery!
ReplyDelete