Once September hits I definitely begin to look ahead to Christmas and my Christmas card stash. I've been slowly adding to that stash every week while also trying out ideas that could be used at my upcoming classes. Stampin' Up!®'s Home for Christmas bundle has been giving me lots of fun ideas and images to work with! The gingerbread men and peppermint candies take center stage on today's card!
Overall I like the design of this one but I'm not sure it would be a great one for a class. I had a heck of a time getting 3 decent gingerbread men images. Not sure if I got a dud stamp set or what but ink kept pooling in the buttons and icing lines no matter how lightly I inked up. And that just wont work in a class setting. I persevered and finally got 'good enough' images. I layered the gingerbread men alternating them with stamped peppermint candies along the side of the card front.
Under the men I used a bit of recently retired Natural Hues Specialty Paper with torn edges and Early Espresso scallops. The scalloped edge die is in the Home for Christmas dies and are a wonderfully fun detail to add to a card at Christmas. The striped DSP is the retired Merry, Bold & Bright DSP from a few years back. The retired products also don't lend themselves to classes lol!
The sentiment from the Noel Tidings stamp set is stamped in Early Espresso and is fussy cut and popped up over a smaller scalloped edge trimmed from the pocket die in the Home for Christmas dies. An Early Espresso baker's twine bow is added underneath. A few pink sequins finish off this design.
Thanks for looking! Did you stamp today?
All of the current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.
Stamps: Home for Christmas, Noel Tidings
Ink: Pecan Pie, Melon Mambo, Early Espresso
Paper: Early Espresso, Basic White, Melon Mambo, Natural Hues Specialty Paper (retired), Merry, Bold & Bright DSP (retired)
Accessories: Home for Christmas dies, dimensionals, Early Espresso baker's twine (retired), Adhesive-backed sequins trio (retired)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to comment!