Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Scrapped Noel - Stampin' Up!® Welcome Noel Dies

   When a challenge says to use up scraps for a card you don't need to tell me twice!  The current Inspire. Create. challenge does just that and I'm all in!  I'm always looking for fun, creative ways to use up my cardstock scraps.  A simple background is always a good way to go!


I love all the catalog samples of the Stampin' Up!® Neutral Noel Suite but I also like to dabble in non-traditional or bright Christmas color combinations.  I thought a bright striped background for a little snowy scene using the Welcome Noel dies would fit not only the "scrap" element but would also give me a chance for a bold color palette.

  I started with a Coastal Cabana card base, then another slightly smaller layer of Coastal Cabana that I added differing widths of scraps in Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green and Azure Afternoon.  I randomly spaced them out on the panel and then trimmed any edges that were overhanging.

  Next I cut 3 Basic White panels using the Welcome Noel dies, 2 with the trees and one with the houses.  I trimmed them down so they were spaced just so and then adhered them to the card front and each other with dimensionals.


  Then using more scraps I cut a few of the houses again in the different colors then trimmed them apart and adhered them to the Basic White house panel for a colorful wintery scene.

  I meant to stamp the sentiment before adhering everything and I knew if I tried to stamp it over the dimensionals it would have been a disaster so I stamped it instead on another scrap and added it to the bottom of the lower tree panel.

  A few retired Iridescent Adhesive-backed Discs are added to the sides of the sentiment for a bit of shine.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

All of the current products used on this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE

Stamps: Noel Tidings

Ink: Azure Afternoon

Paper: Basic White, Coastal Cabana, Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green, Azure Afternoon

Accessories: Welcome Noel dies, dimensionals, Iridescent Adhesive-backed Discs (retired)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!