Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Christmas Two Ways - Stampin' Up!® Home for Christmas

The New at SU! international design team is back this month with a fun theme of "From Simple to Stepped Up" where we will be showing how to take a basic design all the way to 'WOW'!  We hope you are inspired!  Be sure to hop around with us and leave some love on each project.  We love hearing from you.  The hop list is at the bottom of my post.

I'm showcasing the Home for Christmas bundle and the Timeless Christmas DSP for my projects.  I made a little grouping of Christmas trees and alternated colors for the sentiment and then added that to a nice Scalloped Christmas Cheer rectangle.  A star on the tree and a ribbon knot finish the details. Sweet and simple!

Now let's step it up!  I took the basic layout from the first card and added texture, layers and gold for this more detailed second card.  I used the same DSP and same Scalloped Christmas Cheer rectangle but brought in texture by adding a piece of Two-Toned Peaceful Pine cardstock (light side) embossed with the Softly Woven embossing folder.

  The sentiments are in the same spot as the first card but I highlighted them by embossing them in gold on strips of cardstock in my card colors and popped them on dimensionals for more interest. A few gold adhesive-backed dots also accent the sentiment area.

  The trio of trees stays the same but I stamped and die cut all three and added them to a die cut tag that's popped on the side of the scalloped rectangle.  I added gold glimmer paper stars for all three trees, a ribbon tag tie, a strip of dotted DSP and a mini button and baker's twine bow.


  I hope you've gotten some good ideas of how to step up your designs!  Enjoy the rest of the hop!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

All of the current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

Stamps: Home for Christmas

Ink: Peaceful Pine, Soft Sea Foam, Poppy Parade, Versamark, Daffodil Delight

Paper: Timeless Christmas DSP, Peaceful Pine, basic White, Poppy Parade, Soft Sea Foam, Two-Toned Peaceful Pine, Gold Glimmer, 

Accessories: Scalloped Christmas Cheer dies, Home for Christmas Dies, Softly Woven embossing folder, Gold Adhesive-backed Dots, Mini Christmas Buttons, baker's twine, dimensionals, gold embossing powder, Real Red Stitched ribbon

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love howyou kept the same basic design, but added so many fun little elements to step the card up. Well done, and great tips!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!