Sunday, February 25, 2024

Spring Quilt - Stampin' Up! Perennial Postage

   I'm busy getting ready for my class on Tuesday but wanted to pop in to share this quilt inspired card I made last week for the Inspired By challenge but I didn't have to time post it before the challenge closed.  I was inspired by the inspiration photo of the quilt and colors and used the suggested layout as well.


  It was satisfying to use up some smaller bits of card stock and DSP to create the little quilt blocks and the colors are nice and bright colors.  

  I started with a Basic White thick card base, then created the blocks with various retired DSPs, Basic White card stock and then the smallest square in cardstock to match the color of the DSP.  For reference the DSP squares are 1 1/8", the Basic White squares are 5/8" and the colored card stock squares are 1/2".

  Once the squares were adhered to the piece of Basic White I embossed just the blocks with the Softly Sophisticated embossing folder which you can still earn for free during the last few days of Sale-A-Bration.

  I left the lower portion of the top panel un-embossed so that I could have a nice flat surface to stamp my sentiment.  I chose the long sentiment from Perennial Postage to fill the space and used Melon Mambo ink.

  Some Coastal Cabana twine and adhesive-backed glitter sequins finish off the details.

  All of the current supplies used to make this card can be purchased (or earned for Sale-a-Bration) in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Perennial Postage

Ink: Melon Mambo

Paper: Basic White thick, Basic White, Coastal Cabana, Sweet Sorbet, Melon Mambo, Tea Boutique DSP (retired), Sunshine & Rainbows DSP (retired), Dandy Designs DSP (retired)

Accessories: Softly Sophisticated embossing folder (SAB), dimensionals, Coastal Cabana baker's twine, adhesive-backed glitter sequins (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!