Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Hang In There Balloons - Stampin' Up! Hot Air Balloon

  I used 2 different challenges for inspiration for todays card.  The Global Design Project has "balloons" as the theme and The Color Hues has pink & red as the color combo.  I don't need any more Valentine's day cards so I went in a bit of a different direct while still using the red/pink and some Sale-a-Bration Most Adored DSP.  A change in sentiment and this could very easily become a V-day card if you're still looking for ideas!


  The red/pink combo is very bright so I wanted to make sure there was plenty of white and white space on the card so I kept this one pretty simple as far as layout.

  I started with a Basic White thick card base, then embossed panel of Basic White with the Sale-a-Bration (SAB) Softly Sophisticated embossing folder. Using a number of patterns from the Most Adored DSP, Real Red and Flirty Flamingo card stocks I die cut the balloons, baskets and overlays and mixed and matched the colors.

  The two balloons on the left are adhered flat on the card front and the smaller one on the right is popped on dimensionals.

  Each balloon is jazzed up in its own way.  The large balloon has Wink of Stella highlights on the scalloped border, the middle balloon has a Flirty Flamingo baker's twine bow and the right hand balloon has a trio of gems decorating the basket.  The gems were retired a few years ago and I had 3 left in the container so it was meant to be!

  Eagle-eyed stampers might have spotted the sentiment and thought "I don't have a curved sentiment like that in my Hot Air Balloon set" and you'd be right!  I took this straight sentiment and curved it on the clear block to fit inside the Basic White band going across this balloon.

  All of the current supplies used to make this card can be purchased or earned for free in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Hot Air Balloon

Ink: Real Red

Paper: Basic White thick, Basic White, Real Red, Flirty Flamingo, Most Adored DSP (SAB)

Accessories: Hot Air Balloon dies, Softly Sophisticated embossing folder (SAB), dimensionals, Wink of Stella, Flirty Flamingo Baker's Twine




4 comments:

  1. So cute...I love the way you did the sentiment, and all the balloons are amazing! I predict a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was tickled to see this darling card in the gallery at Color Hues I was hoping you would link up with us. That heart hot air balloon is just darling. Great card, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card makes me smile, Amanda! Your use of pattered paper for the balloons and the great overlays is such a great design and, as you've shown, a wonderful card for most occasions. Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda your hot air balloons look amazing in the challenge colours! So great with the embossed background too. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!