Saturday, December 9, 2023

New Year Starry Sky - Stampin' Up! More Wishes

   At a certain point in the Christmas season I am just done with making Christmas cards but then I find myself needing to send out "just a few more".  So instead of dragging the Christmas card making on endlessly I give myself permission to do New Years cards instead.  And that also lets me off the hook a bit during the very busy few weeks leading up to Christmas.  I can make them when I have a few minutes but don't have to rush to get them in the mail!  It's a win win!

  The color combo over at Color Throwdown caught my eye and I thought it would make for a fun New Years card. Cobalt Blue, Aqua and gold which I translated into Stampin' Up! colors of Starry Sky and Coastal Cabana. 


  My card base is Coastal Cabana, then I took a piece of Starry Sky card stock and blended Starry Sky ink all around the edges giving it a darker look while leaving the middle un-inked.  I then stamped and embossed the sentiment from More Wishes and Biggest Wish (these 2 stamp sets work together to make a great mix-and-match set of sentiments) in the center.

  Using the starburst die from the Stars at Night die set I cut bursts in Coastal Cabana and the retired Gold Fine Shimmer paper (please bring this one back Stampin' Up!!) and adhered them around the the sentiment. Using the very smallest star dies in the Stars at Night die set I cut more itty bitty stars and adhered them, filling in the open spaces.

  And that's all there is to this star inspired New Years card.

  All of the current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: More Wishes, Biggest Wish

Ink: Versamark, Starry Sky

Paper: Coastal Cabana, Starry Sky, Gold Fine Shimmer (retired)

Accessories: gold embossing powder, Stars at Night dies, blending brush



1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful new year creation! Love your take on the throwdown colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!