Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Cool Bulbs - Stampin' Up! Merry & Bright

   The Paper Players team had a fun layout last week and I started a card but didn't finish it in time to play before the challenge ended.  I loved the diagonal element and the card came out almost exactly as I had envisioned which is rare lol!


  I titled this one "Cool Bulbs" because of the cool colors I used.  Blues and greens plus a bit of gold makes for a cool Christmas card!

  I used Pool Party for the base then the diagonal layer is a piece of Merry Bold & Bright DSP.  The frame is cut out of Basic White cardstock with 2 of the Deckled Rectangle dies.

  The gold embossed Christmas element I had already from my orphaned card parts bin so I added that with dimensionals then embossed the "merry" in white onto Blueberry Bushel cardstock and then fussy cut it.

  The bulbs were stamped in Lemon Lime Twist, Blueberry Bushel and Pool Party and then die cut.  The bases are Distressed Gold specialty paper.  I popped the bulbs up on dimensionals around the frame.  I had some retired gold thread so I added bows to each bulb.  Some Adhesive backed glitter sequins are scattered across the card front as a finishing touch.

  All of the current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Merry & Bright

Ink: Lemon Lime Twist, Blueberry Bushel, Pool Party, Versamark

Paper: Pool Party, Basic White, Merry Bold & Bright DSP, Distressed Gold Specialty paper, Blueberry Bushel

Accessories: Merry & Bright dies, Deckled Rectangle dies, dimensionals, gold embossing powder, white embossing powder, gold thread (retired), Adhesive backed glitter sequins

1 comment:

  1. Well, even though it didn't make it to the challenge, it's still a winner in my book! Those bright colors make for a fun, cheerful card! I just ordered that stamp set...probably won't get it in time for Christmas this year but I am sure I'll put it to good use next year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!