Friday, December 15, 2023

CAS Sweet Bee - Stampin' Up! Bee My Valentine

   The card that I'm sharing today is made for the CAS on Sunday?/Friday? challenge (I'm confused as to which day they are since it shows up differently on their blog web address vs. the blog title page) in which they want us to use black and white and one additional color.  There are so many possibilities with these parameters!  I looked through my new(er) stamp sets and decided that the Bee My Valentine stamp set would be perfect for a clean and simple mostly black and white card!


  This was an impossible card to get a decent photo of!  I tried over the past 2 days taking probably 50 photos the way I usually do and everything looked washed out and very blue-ish no matter what I changed.  Anyway I finally took the card outside and and tried it with lots of direct sunlight!  Believe me when I tell you that this was better than the others but still just 'eh'! Anyway....just use your imagination that the card is much cuter in person!

  I started with a Basic White thick base, then a layer of Basic Black and a layer of Basic White.  I stamped the little dashed flight path around the the card a bit.  Then stamped the sentiment and punched it out and popped it up with dimensionals.

  The bee is stamped in Lemon Lolly and Memento black and I'm thinking now that Daffodil Delight would have been a better choice as it would have shown up more bold in the photo. But I like the softness of the Lemon Lolly. I punched the bee out, added the face, punched vellum wings and stamped and punched antennae. Once the bee was put together I popped it up with dimensionals above the sentiment and added a little adhesive-backed hearts & flower embellishment.

  All of the current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.  Items marked with a * will be available for purchase starting January 4, 2024.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Bee My Valentine

Ink: Memento Black, Lemon Lolly

Paper: Basic White thick, Basic White, Basic Black, vellum

Accessories: Bee builder punch*, dimensionals, circle punch, adhesive-backed hearts & flower*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!