Saturday, July 30, 2022

Rustic Harvest Pumpkin - Stampin' Up! Hello Harvest

   I'm using the gorgeous colors over at Color Throwdown for my card today.  The colors they have for us are powder blue, cream and kraft.  I translated those into Stampin' Up! colors and used Seaside Spray, Crumb Cake and Ivory (Blends).


  At first I thought to use Balmy Blue but it just seemed too bright for 'powder blue'.  Luckily I still had a bit of retired Seaside Spray cardstock and pulled out this already embossed panel to use on the card front.

   I stamped the flower stamped in Crumb Cake ink along the one edge of the card front.  I added a bit of retired lace trim to the edge of the embossed panel.

  The pumpkin is stamped in Crumb Cake and then colored in with the Ivory Blends marker and then die cut.  I added a few Crumb Cake vines and then popped it up over a length of burlap trim and the sentiment from Full of Love.

  To balance out the bottom of the card I added a small banner with a linen thread bow and a fussy cut sunflower at the top.  The retired gold faceted gems are the final touch on this rustic pumpkin card.

  It was satisfying to use some retired products to pull this card together.  While it's always fun to focus on using the newest items we can't forget to check our retired stashes from time to time.  If we don't use older stuff up we won't have room for those new items!

 Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Hello Harvest, Full of Love

Ink: Crumb Cake

Blends: Ivory, Crumb Cake light

Paper: Crumb Cake, Basic White, Seaside Spray (retired), Harvest Meadow DSP (retired)

Accessories: Rustic Pumpkin dies, linen thread, dimensionals, Bark embossing folder (retired), burlap trim (retired), scalloped lace trim (retired), gold faceted gems (retired)



2 comments:

  1. So beautiful and I love all the textural elements you added! Thanks so much for joining us at CTD this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of beautiful texture on this pretty Fall card! I’m so glad you joined us for this week’s Color Throwdown challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!