Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Otter Birthday Party - Stampin' Up! Awsome Otters

   I'm back today with another card made with the Sale-a-Bration (SAB) stamp set Awesome Otters and the Simply Marbelous DSP.  You can earn both for free with an order of $50 or more (before tax/shipping) during January and February!  So cute and so fun.  

  I needed a birthday card for a family member and decided this little guy would be super cute celebrating with his fun party hat.

  I'm using colors from Seize the Birthday challenge my stamping friend Nancy runs this one and it's such a fun idea.  I always need birthday cards so this challenge will get my butt in gear to get some made.  It's birthday cards only  challenges and they have an optional 'toppings' choice each time.  The current challenge is colors which are blue and gray.  Perfect for my guy birthday card!


  I've seen this idea around and I couldn't pass up doing one of my own! I started with a Smoky Slate base. I used a sheet of blue Simply Marbleous DSP and then cut a circle in the lower half.  I stamped the otter and hat and then colored them with Blends. The water on the stamp doesn't extend this far so I colored it in and then added some more ripples with my black Stampin' Write marker.  I tucked the otter behind the DSP.  The hat is fussy cut and then popped with dimensionals.

  The sentiment is stamped in Basic Gray and then cut into a banner with a bit of new Misty Moonlight cotton ribbon.  I added a few Pool Party sequins and a Misty Moonlight enamel dot for good measure.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Awesome Otters (SAB)

Ink: Memento Black, Black Stampin' Write Marker

Blends: Pool Party light, Misty Moonlight light, Smoky Slate light, Ivory, Soft Suede light & dark, Balmy Blue light & dark

Paper: Smoky Slate, Simply Marbleous DSP (SAB), Basic White

Accessories: circle dies, dimensionals, Misty Moonlight cotton ribbon, sequins (retired), enamel dot (retired)



1 comment:

  1. This is so lovely! The shimmery blue paper is perfect for the water. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!