Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Birthday Bicycle - Stampin' Up! Tulip Fields

   Only 2 weeks in to the Stampin' Up! 2022 Jan.-June mini catalog and I'm already worried I won't have enough time to stamp with all of the awesome stamp sets I got.  Maybe I ordered too many?? Nah, that's not possible but it is possible to feel that there are just so many creative ways to use them there just won't be enough time to do it all!

  I haven't used the Tulip Fields set very much yet but I grabbed it to play along with the Global Design Project's current sketch challenge.  It's a fun one with a center panel to focus on. I've been thinking about making a card with the cute bicycle die in the Windmill Fields die set (it coordinates with the Tulip Fields stamp set) and this sketch seemed like the perfect match.

   Did you even notice the bicycle or did you only have heart eyes for the windmill? I noticed the bike right away and figured it would be fun to use on it's own.  

  I started this scene with a piece of the New Horizons DSP and then added a Basic White square.  On top of that I cut a stitched square from Basic White and did some masking and ink blending to create my sky and grass. Next I added my stamped tree and stamped cloud.

  I die cut a few lengths of fencing as well as a cloud and added them to the scene.  Next came the bike.  I cut one on black and one in red and trimmed the black tires, handlebars and seat and glued them to my red bike.  I found a few silver mini brads that retired years ago and added those for some detail to the wheels. The space behind the mini brads is just big enough for a mini dimensional so I used those to pop the bike on to the scene panel.

  The last thing to add was the sentiment that I stamped from the Catch You Later set.  It's part of a larger sentiment that I trimmed and then flagged the end and popped it off the back of the bike.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Tulip Fields, Catch You Later

Ink: Old Olive, Mossy Meadow, Balmy Blue, Misty Moonlight, Memento Black

Paper: Basic White thick, Basic White, New Horizon DSP, Real Red, Basic Black, Crumb Cake

Accessories: Windmill Fields dies, dimensionals, Stitched Shapes dies (retired), mini silver brads (retired)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!