Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Leaves on the Wind - Stampin' Up! Intricate Leaves Dies

   The cooler weather we've been having lately has really gotten the trees to start showing some fall color.  It fun taking our walk in the woods every morning and seeing which trees are changing and to what colors!  The card I'm sharing today was made back in September when everything was still green but I was anticipating the autumn colors and had some fun with my Blends markers with a fun alcohol inking technique.


  I taught this alcohol ink technique in September with this card so check that out to get the details on how to it.  It's so easy!  For today's card instead of using the Blends to make stripes of color on the vellum panel I used them to make spots of color in a random pattern filling in all the spaces.  I used Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red and Cherry Cobbler.

  Once the rubbing alcohol was dry I adhered the vellum to a piece of Basic White cardstock and then used the Intricate Leaves dies to cut out the leaf shapes.

  The card base is Balmy Blue with a piece of Basic White cut with the Basic Borders dies to make the clouds.  I embossed it with the retired Subtle embossing folder for a bit more texture.  The sentiment from the Through it Together stamp set and is stamped in Memento black.  I highlighted the smaller sentiment with a narrow scrap of Balmy Blue.

  Finally I added my leaves to the card front with dimensionals and the center leaf got a small baker's twine bow.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Through it Together

Ink: Memento Black

Blends: Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler

Paper: Balmy Blue, Basic White, Vellum

Accessories: Intricate Leaves dies, Basic Borders dies, Subtle embossing folder (retired), dimensionals, baker's twine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!