Monday, October 11, 2021

'Tis the Season Wreath - Stampin' Up! Christmas Season

   It must be wreath stamping season!  When I checked my 'cards to upload' file almost all of them are wreath cards!  And my card yesterday had a wreath too.  I hope you aren't a wreath hater lol!  I might need to reign it in in the coming week or you'll think I'm a one trick pony!  Hopefully they are all different enough that you'll find some kind of inspiration from each one.

  Today it's a Christmas wreath that we made at my last class.  The Christmas Season stamp set in the July-Dec. mini catalog is a great set that has lovely seasonal foliage and coordinating dies. This card only uses one little die but it's nice to have some examples of just using the stamps on their own.


  This one starts with a Soft Sea Foam base which I used one of the Adorning Designs masks to lightly blend some Soft Sea Foam ink on the background.

  The wreath panel starts with a piece of Basic White.  I used my retired 1.25" circle punch (but you can use any size punch or circle die to get the same effect) to cut a mask out of scrap paper.  I used some re-positional adhesive to stick it to the center of the Basic White. 

  Now comes the stamping all around the mask with the different stamps and colors.  I did 4 of each element in (mostly) equal spacing around the circle (colors listed below). Once my wreath was filled in to my liking I removed the mask and put the rest of the card together.

  Using some narrow strips of Evening Evergreen I used my fingernail to distress one edge on each strip to give a bit of texture and layered it behind the wreath layer.  This is a quick way to add some interest and texture without going all out, it also is a great way to use some narrow strips of card stock and jazz them up a bit.

  The sentiment is stamped in Evening Evergreen and then die cut.  It's popped on dimensionals over a length of Real Red Mini Ruffled ribbon.  A few red jewels are the final touch to this seasonal beauty!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Christmas Season, Christmas to Remember

Ink: Real Red, Evening Evergreen, Garden Green, Soft Sea Foam

Paper: Soft Sea Foam, Basic White, Evening Evergreen

Accessories: Seasonal Labels dies, circle punch, red jewels, mini ruffled ribbon, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!