Friday, October 15, 2021

Fresh Christmas - Stampin' Up! Christmas Season

   I haven't had much time to play around with challenges lately but when I saw the CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge newest inspiration sketch I just had to try my hand at it.  It was a challenge for sure; it took me a while to get just the right balance of elements as well as colors for this clean and simple challenge.

 


  I'm trying to jump start some holiday card making with this one!  That fun angle really gives a unique look doesn't it?  I started with a Fresh Freesia base and then embossed another panel of the same with the retired Subtle embossing folder for my background.  I used my somewhat neglected Basic Borders dies to cut the angle out of Basic White cardstock.  I like the subtle accents of the stitch marks along the edge.

  The snowflakes are cut with the So Many Snowflakes dies out of the leftover piece from the Wonderful Snowflakes accents (in the July-Dec. catalog page 25) after using up all the snowflakes.  There's just enough room in the center of the panel to cut a few small elements and 2 of the snowflake dies fit perfectly!  The iridescent look is just right for a CAS design.

  The stamping is done with the Christmas Season stamp set and I stamped the holly leaves in Soft Sea Foam and the berries in Fresh Freesia.  Once I cut them out I adhered them with dimensionals.  The 'merry' is from the Christmas to Remember stamp set and is also stamped in Fresh Freesia.  I just hand trimmed it down to size and also popped it on dimensionals.  And while I wanted to add some more greenery and maybe even a bow, cooler heads prevailed and reminded me of the challenge guidelines and so I just added a few In Color rhinestones to finish off this clean and simple Christmas card.

   Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Christmas Season, Christmas to Remember

Ink: Fresh Freesia, Soft Sea Foam

Paper: Fresh Freesia, Basic White, scraps from the Wonderful Snowflake accent sheets

Accessories: So Many Snowflakes dies, Basic Borders dies, Seasonal Labels dies, In Color rhinestones, dimensionals, Subtle embossing folder (retired)




2 comments:

  1. Well how pretty is this Amanda! I love the switch of traditional red for Fresh Freesia - it adds a beautiful softness to your holiday card. Thanks for sharing with us over at CAS Colours & Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Christmas card, thanks for joining us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!