Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Chilly Penguin - Stampin' Up! Penguin Place

   Happy First Day of School to me!  My boys headed off for their first day of in person school in what seems like a very very very long time so I have a much quieter house than usual today!  I thought I would celebrate with a blog post!

  I created this one a few weeks back when I was trying to make at least one card from all of my new mini catalog sets.  Sometimes I end up liking a new set so much I don't even look at the other ones for a while and then I feel guilty so I gave each one a little bit of inky love to start.


  It was fun to create a mini scene on the small rectangle panel and then finish out the background with a bit of stamping and DSP.  The Penguin Place bundle and coordinating Sale-a-Bration reward Penguin Playmates DSP really combine well for cute cards!

  This one starts with a Balmy Blue base.  I stamped the little snowflakes on the top part of the base in Whisper White craft ink then covered the bottom with a piece of the DSP in a nice monochromatic tree pattern with the bottom corners rounded.  I added a crinkled seam binding bow across the top for a more finished look.

  For the scene I started with the little hill stamp and stamped it onto scrap paper and then trimmed it for a mask.  Then I stamped 2 hills in Balmy Blue.  I used the masks above the hill line to then use my Blending Brush to add just a tiny bit of shading for detail.  The trees are stamped in Soft Sea Foam and the snowflakes in stamped off Balmy Blue.

 I felt that I needed a few more trees so I pulled out the Christmas Tree dies from the Whimsy & Wonder suite and used the two little tree dies to cut a few more.  Two in Pear Pizzazz and one in Soft Sea Foam

  The penguin is embossed in black and punched out.  I added the feet and beak stamped in Pumpkin Pie.  The hat and scarf are stamped in Fresh Freesia and fussy cut and then adhered with dimensionals.

  The sentiment from Christmas to Remember is embossed in white on Balmy Blue then trimmed by hand.  I added a few From My Heart faceted gems to highlight the sentiment and give it a bit more weight as well as some sparkle down there at the bottom.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Penguin Place, Christmas to Remember

Ink: Whisper White craft, Versamark, Balmy Blue, Soft Sea Foam, Pumpkin Pie, Fresh Freesia

Paper: Balmy Blue, Basic White, Fresh Freesia, Soft Sea Foam, Pear Pizzazz, Penguin Playmates DSP (SAB)

Accessories: Penguin Builder punch, dimensionals, white embossing powder, crinkled seam binding ribbon, Christmas Trees dies, blending brushes, From My Heart faceted gems

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!