Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Soft Sympathy - Stampin' Up! Forever Fern

  It's never nice to have to make sympathy cards but it's got to be done on occasion.  I usually try to make a few of the same design when I hit on a layout I like so I can have an extra or two set aside.  I played along with the closed Just Add Ink challenge for this design.  I thought the angles were a fun element and might make for an interesting card using neutral shades.

  I pulled out two of the In Good Taste DSPs and cut my angles from them.  I stacked a piece of each pattern together when making my cuts so I could use the pieces to make 2 cards which are a mirror image of each other. 

 
  This card starts with a Whisper White thick card base topped with a smaller piece of Whisper White embossed with the Tasteful Textile embossing folder.  Next I added my 2 pieces of In Good Taste DSP using dimensionals to pop them up.

  I stamped the sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings in Gray Granite and then cut it out with a Stitched Shape circle.

  The berry/leaf image from Forever Fern is also stamped in Gray Granite and cut out and popped on the side of the sentiment.  A bit of Braided Linen trim on the stem is the only bit of embellishment. 

  I hope the textures and patterns keep this card from being too understated but at the end of the day it's the thought that counts right?

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Itty Bitty Greetings, Forever Fern

Ink: Gray Granite

Paper: Whisper White, Whisper White thick, In Good Taste DSP

Accessories: Tasteful Textile embossing folder, Stitched Shapes dies, dimensionals, Forever Flourishing dies, Braided Linen trim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!