Friday, April 10, 2020

Birthday Rhino - Stampin' Up! Animal Outing - Fab Friday 187

  TGIF!  And I know it's Friday because it's a Fab Friday Challenge day.  So I'll get the day right at least once every 2 weeks!  We have a fun sketch for you this time!


 
  I definitely stuck to the sketch and used the same shapes!  I needed to up my guy birthday card game so I went with a masculine color combo and a handsome rhino!


  The background is made with punched pieces of Tailored Tag punch alternating between Gray Granite, Pretty Peacock, and Crushed Curry.  After I got the pieces (somewhat) lined up and adhered I ran the whole panel through the Big Shot with the Subtle embossing folder for some nice manly texture.

  The rhino is stamped in Basic Gray and colored in with my light and dark Gray Granite blends.  And here's an example of "You Know You Have Too Many Supplies When..." I fussy cut the whole image out and just as I was snipping the last bit of paper away I realized that there were dies that went with the Animal Outing stamp set....duh!  I could have die cut the rhino!  Oh well.  I needed some fine motor skill practice I guess!  Once my handsome guy was cut out I popped him on a Stitched Nested Label die.

  The banner is stamped in Pretty Peacock with a sentiment from Itty Bitty Birthdays and embellished with some retired Crushed Curry baker's twine and then popped.

  Sweet and simple! 

  Check out how the rest of the Fab Friday Design Team used the sketch and then join in the fun!  Remember you have almost 2 weeks so no excuses!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Animal Outing, Itty Bitty Birthdays

Ink: Basic Gray, Pretty Peacock

Blends: Gray Granite light & dark, Pretty Peacock light & dark, Daffodil Delight dark

Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White, Gray Granite, Crushed Curry, Pretty Peacock

Accessories: Tailored Tag punch, Subtle embossing folder, Stitched Nested Labels dies, dimensionals, Crushed Curry bakers twine (retired)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!