Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Basic in Greens - Stampin' Up! Rooted in Nature

 We have all kinds of green things sprouting up in our yard and at our parks.  We noticed just yesterday that our crepe myrtles have itty bitty leaves.  My card today is inspired by all these greens I'm seeing.

  I joined the CAS(E) This Sketch challenge for this card and stuck with a very basic design and layout.  It was also a good design to use up some of my Garden Lane DSP.


  I used a Mossy Meadow card base and went up in lightness from there.  After the Garden Lane DSP panel I stamped a piece of Pear Pizzazz with one of the leaf/branch images from Rooted in Nature.  I stamped off each time for a very light image.  Then I embossed it with the Subtle embossing folder.  Some retired candy dots in what I think are Always Artichoke are in the corners.  I seriously still have hundred of these things so you'll be seeing them a lot more!  I wrapped a length of linen thread around it and then tied a bow before popping it up with dimensionals.

  The sentiment panel is cut with the Stitched Shapes dies.  I stamped the same leaf/branch image also stamping off and then stamped the sentiment over the top in Mossy Meadow and popped it up with dimensionals.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Rooted in Nature

Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Mossy Meadow

Paper: Mossy Meadow, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White, Garden Lane DSP

Accessories: Subtle embossing folder, Stitched Shapes dies, dimensionals, linen thread, candy dots (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!