Friday, May 24, 2019

Tropically Fab - Stampin' Up! Tropical Chic - Fab Friday 164

   Did you all think that I had fallen off the face of the earth??  I'm still here and kicking but we've made an addition to our family that has been taking up a lot of my time!  Meet our new pup Aggie!!


  She's a very sweet pup but I've had to adjust to the "new baby in the house" routine and it hasn't left me with much time for stamping. It seems that once she falls asleep I race around trying to get to all of my regular tasks around the house and stamping has fallen to the bottom of the list.  I haven't tried bringing her into the stamp room yet.  I think I need to Aggie-proof it first.  Who knows what she'd find on the floor in there!  Are dimensional backings bad for dogs?? 

  But even with my limited stamping time I made sure to make time for this week's Fab Friday challenge!  It's a great color combination!  Do you see spring in these colors?  Here in Central VA it is leaning towards hot early summer these days but I can still appreciate some spring like colors.


   My mind went immediately to the Tropical Chic bundle.  The bundle pricing will be going away once the new catalog comes out so don't wait to order this one!


  You can't get more tropical than this!  My favorite things on this card are the Soft Seafoam die cut leaves that are popped over the leaf frame.  They fit just right and look cool hanging just over the edge of the frame diecut.  I also love the stepped down stamping of the blossom.  I only inked my blossom stamp once with Flirty Flamingo and then stamped it 3 times to get the gradient colors.  

  Definitely check out what the rest of the Fab Friday team has done with these colors!  I guarantee that you'll see something to inspire your own stamping!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Tropical Chic

Ink: Flirty Flamingo, Soft Seafoam, Pear Pizzazz

Paper: Flirty Flamingo, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Seafoam, Whisper White

Accessories: Tropical Thinlets, dimensionals, Pear Pizzazz baker's twine

4 comments:

  1. Oh, be still my heart!! I love black labs, and miss mine so much! She is a cuties :) OH, yes, the card...LOVE it.\, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card--and color combo! I had to smile when I read about your gorgeous Aggie. When we brought a puppy home 2.5 years ago, people didn't believe me when I said that it changed the entire dynamic of what used to be a normal day in my life. They said, "It's not a baby!" but the time and attention it takes to entertain and train a puppy is time-consuming. It is well worth it, though. And . . . you'll get some of your stamping time back sooner than you think because that puppy phase FLIES. The time you spend working with Aggie and getting her properly trained will be something you appreciate for a long time. She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Amanda. All those layers of leaves and flowers look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GORGEOUS!! I love how you used the leaves on this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!