Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Mirrored Giraffe Love - Stampin' Up! Animal Outing

  Why does this time of the year always seem so busy and it always seems to catch me off guard?  You'd think after all these years of having kids in school and sports and whatever else our family is involved in that I would plan for the end of April until school gets out as being crazy busy!  Nope. Can't seem to do it.  So it ends up being that I haven't blogged in a while and my to do list is a mile long and I have stamping stuff piled on my dining room table left from a class last week! *sigh* At least I found a few minutes to take some card photographs today so that I could share when I have a moment to breathe!

  Today's card is one of the projects we made at my April stamp club last week.  I wanted to show off the Animal Outing bundle.  The stamp set and dies are carrying over to the new catalog but they won't be offered at the bundle pricing.  You definitely don't want to miss out on savings on something you're planning to buy anyway right?

  I was browsing Pinterest for some inspiration and came across the mirror technique on several cards.  Now in the past I've never had much luck getting a crisp mirror image when I've tried the technique using various plastic sheets so when I saw this card from BJ Peters along with a quick video of the technique I knew it was something I needed to teach my stampers.  It's so easy with the Stamp-a-ratus!  Definitely watch the video to see how easy it is. 

  We made these 2 giraffes who are clearly in love and turned them into a polaroid picture.  Once we had the giraffes and leaves stamped and colored in with Blends we cut the frame in Balmy Blue with Layering Square framelits.  Added a punched heart from the dog builder punch and a sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings.  An adhesive sequin with a grosgrain ribbon knot finish off the frame accents.

  The vine die was used to make the accent at the bottom of the card front and we adhered a strip of the Animal Expedition DSP so that the Lemon Lime Twist color would show through the cut outs.

  I love the bright colors and fresh clean lines of this card.  Now I just need someone to get engaged so I can send it out!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Animal Outing, Itty Bitty Greetings

Ink: Memento Black  Marker: Lemon Lime Twist

Blends: Daffodil Delight light & dark, Soft Suede light, Crumb Cake light

Paper: Call Me Clover, Balmy Blue, Poppy Parade, Whisper White

Accessories: Animal Friends thinlets, dimensionals, Layering Squares framelits, dog builder punch, adhesive sequins, 1/8" Call Me Clover grosgrain ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!