Friday, September 7, 2018

Joyous Noel Sampler - Stampin' Up! Joyous Noel DSP

 Two days in a row I'm sharing a card!  It's a Christmas miracle!  Well not really but it is a Christmas card today!

  I'm always so excited to see the Stampin' Up! holiday catalog and get to do our demonstrator preorder but then when the new products actually arrive in my stamp room I have a very hard time getting into the Christmas spirit because it's still basically summer here in Richmond.  I usually force myself into making some cards to try out the new stuff but my heart really isn't into Christmas in August or even September.  Today's card is one that I made just because I couldn't resist the gorgeous paper.

  The Joyous Noel Specialty DSP is absolutely beautiful.  The copper foil accents are just perfect with the other colors and patterns and make for very elegant designs.


  I kept this card focused on just the lovely patterns with minimal stamping.  I just cut 4 squares of DSP and backed them with a slightly larger square of Joyous Noel Glimmer paper in copper.  

  I embossed the sentiment from Christmas Pines in copper onto vellum.  I mounted the squares and the vellum onto a piece of Merry Merlot embossed with the Subtle embossig folder.  Remember when Stampin' Up! had textured cardstock?  A long time ago!  Well the Subtle embossing folder gives the same effect and is just perfect when you need some texture but not a lot.

  The embossed panel was then ounted onto a Merry Merlot card base.

  This is a simple but elegant Christmas card that would be easy to reproduce en mass or for a class.

  I hope to get more in the Christmas spirit in the coming days but I'm not promising anything...the weather looks to stay hot!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Christmas Pines

Ink: Versamark

Paper: Merry Merlot, vellum, Joyous Noel Glimmer paper(copper), Joyous Noel DSP

Accessories: copper embossing powder, Subtle embossing folder

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!