Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Hello Rhino - Stampin' Up! Animal Outing

  I seem to be sharing a lot of hello cards lately so that means I should be mailing a lot of hello cards right?  I think it's time to scroll through my contacts to see who needs a rhino hello!

  Today's card is another one we made at the August stamp club.  My stampers went nuts for the Animal Friends thinlets die that cuts the little pebble/giraffe pattern.  It makes a really cool effect and it's shown off really well on this card.


  I really like this color combo for a kid card or a guy card.  I think the Mango Melody might be one of my favorite new colors; it's just the perfect shade of orangey-yellow, not to bright but not dull either.  Good job Stampin' Up!

  The card base is Basic Gray, the a layer of Mango Melody die cut with the pebble/giraffe pattern.  The rhino is stamped in Memento black and then colored with Smoky Slate Stampin' Blends.  The bird with Mano Melody marker.  My stampers had the choice between the Stampin' Blends and Watercolor pencils for the coloring.  The rhino is backed with a piece of Blueberry Bushel.

  Many of the sentiments in Itty Bitty Greetings fit the circle punches so my stampers got to customize the greeting for their needs.

  I'm off to do some hurricane prep even though our area seems to have been downgraded as far as potential impact.  Can't hurt to batten down the hatches right?  They cancelled school for Friday yesterday and my boys were doing the happy dance for a short week.  I better think of some extra chores for them to fill in all those empty hours lol!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Animal Outing

Ink: Memento Black, Blueberry Bushel

Blends: Smoky Slate

Paper: Basic Gray, Mango Melody, Blueberry Bushel, Whisper White

Accessories: Animal Friends thinlets, 1/8" grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals, circle punches





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!