Friday, September 28, 2018

Autumn Leaves - Stampin' Up! Falling for Leaves - Fab Friday 147

  On my morning walk yesterday I spotted my first autumn leaf on the ground and it was a beautiful red.  Even though the trees are still very green and not looking at all like autumn I'm ready to fall (see what I did there??) into the change of season and embrace fall stamps and color palettes.

  And the newest Fab Friday challenge is just the thing to get started with!  Check out our fun sketch this time around:



 I decided to use the Falling for Leaves stamp set again and go with a total autumn theme with my card.  I had fun with the Stampin' Blends to color in the large leaf and the Wood Textures DSP is a perfect background.


  The card base is Blackberry Bliss, then the layer of Wood Textures which is stamped with the leaf stamp in Crumb Cake.

  The banner is Pumpkin Pie cardstock embossed with the new Corrugated embossing folder.  It's like the old crimper except way easier to get straight.  I swear every time I tried to use the crimper it looked like I was drunk stamping.  

  Next, I used the Details Leaves thinlets to cute a few branches from the copper glimmer paper (from the Joyous Noel Glimmer pack) to go behind the large leaf.

  The leaf is stamped in Memento black and then colored in with blends.  After it was cut out I added a little bit of the braided linen trim to the stem and then popped it up over the banner.  

  I don't think you can get much more autumn than this!  Head over to the Fab Friday stamping challenge to see the rest of the Deisgn Team inspiration.  I look forward to seeing your creation in our gallery!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Falling for Leaves

Ink: Crumb Cake, Memento Black

Blends: Blackberry Bliss, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight

Paper: Blackberry Bliss, Wood Textures DSP, Joyous Noel Glimmer paper, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie

Accessories: Corrugated embossing folder, Detailed Leaves thinlets, dimensionals


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!