Friday, February 3, 2017

Sunshine is On Its Way - Stampin' Up! Sunshine Sayings

  Here we are back again at another Fab Friday challenge!  Time really does fly when you're having fun....that or you're just so busy there isn't really even a moment to look at a clock to check on the time passing!  One thing I do know is that the last 8 years as a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator have just flown by.  I celebrated my 8th anniversary yesterday and continue to enjoy creating and teaching others about papercrafting.  I'm blessed that my family supports me and that I continue to have such a lovely group of stampers join me every month for classes.  Here's to another fun 8 years!

  Check out this cool sketch for challenge number 105!  What are you going to do with that circle??



  Here's what I came up with!


 I was so happy when the new Stitched Shapes framelits were available again after flying off the shelves back in the fall.  I wasn't quick enough with my order so I missed them the first time.  They finally arrived last week and I was happy to see that I could use them right away on my Fab Friday Challenge card!

  The base is Crumb Cake - which you can't see at all because it's covered by the gorgeous Serene Scenery DSP.  This is a pack with a fun mix of real photo images and printed patterns.  The other day I needed a "thinking of you" type of card and when I went to my card box to get one there weren't many choices so I figured I had better get a few made to keep on hand.  I cut the circle with the Stitched Shapes framelits and then nipped the edge off.  I embossed in black "is on its way" from the Sunshine Sayings stamp set.  Above that is the big die cut "sunshine" from the coordinating Sunshine Wishes Thinlets.  I did a watercolor wash with Daffodil Delight ink on Shimmery White cardstock to keep the feel light and bright...I didn't want to use the Daffodil Delight cardstock as it was a bit too "in your face" yellow for what I was going for. 

  Behind the circle I layered some ribbon scraps and used a cute little safety pin tied with a baker's twine bow.  To balance the ribbon and clothespin elements I added a few enamel shapes to the top of the circle.

  I hope you'll join the Fab Friday team with this fun sketch challenge!  Link up in the gallery so we can see your creative genius!  

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Sunshine Sayings

Ink: Versamark, Daffodil Delight

Paper: Serene Scenery DSP, Whisper White, Shimmery White

Accessories: Sunshine Wishes Thinlets, Stitched Shapes framelits, dimensionals, grosgrain ribbon (retired), burlap ribbon, enamel shapes, mini safety pin (retired), Old Olive baker's twine


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!