Friday, February 10, 2017

Congrats in Sunset Colors - Stampin' Up! Special Reason

    I love all the different colors the sky can be and am constantly telling my kids and husband "look at the sky!  How cool is that?!"  For the most part they humor me except for when I want them to sit with me on the porch and watch the thunderstorms, then they head inside and leave the crazy lady alone!  Some of my favorite skies are when we are down in the Outer Banks on vacation in the summer and see the sunset nearly every evening.  Of course I always take pictures that never seem to do the real thing justice.  It's kind of like that when you try to create a card using the sunset colors as inspiration....never quite as good!

  I made this card with the Special Reason stamp set and Stylish Stems framelits and tried to pull some sunset colors together for the flowers.


  The card base is thick Whisper White, then a layer of Crumb Cake stamped with the Hardwood background.  I have used Crumb Cake stamped with the Hardwood stamp a lot lately....I had a bunch of panels prepped for a Christmas card design that didn't get finished in time so I've been slowly using them up from my card parts pile.

  The flowers are stamped off once with Cucumber Crush and cut out.  The larger flower is inked up first in Daffodil Delight then using a sponge dauber I lightly inked the tips of the petals with Calypso Coral.  Then I cut it out and overlaid a Calypso Coral die cut flower on top.  The small flower was inked up the same way except that I sponged the Calypso Coral on the center of the flower.

  I layered the flower over a length of white organza ribbon.  The final step was the Congratulations from the Floral Phrases stamp set stamped in Soft Suede ink.

    Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Special Reason, Hardwood, Floral Phrases

Ink: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Cucumber Crush

Paper: Whisper White, Crumb Cake

Accessories: Stylish Stems framelits, corner rounder, dimensionals, organza ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!