Saturday, October 11, 2014

Light Up Spooky House

  Since Halloween will come and go before we know it I thought I better get my last few Halloween themed projects blogged about.

  This one started off as a possible project for my stamp club a few weeks ago.  It didn't make the cut but I did show it at stamp club as an idea to do with the Holiday Home set.



  This project is more of a decoration than a card though it folds flat with little hinges on the inside to keep it open.  

  I used the Circles framlits to cut the large circle in the Basic Black base.  I backed the cut out with vellum and then stamped the tree and bats in Memento ink.  

  The house is embossed in white and then cut out with the Homemade Holiday framelits.  It is adhered just on the edge of the circle with a dimensional.  The ghost is stamped and then hand cut and adhered to the back of the chimney.

  The moon is a small circle of Daffodil Delight with another set of bats stamped toward the edge.

  And here is it all lit up with a battery tea light inside:


  It looks pretty neat when the lights are really dim but it was impossible to capture it with my poor photography skills so you'll just have to believe me or better yet make your own!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Holiday Home

Ink: Versamark, Memento Black

Paper: Basic Black, vellum, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White

Accessories: Homemade Holiday framelits, circle framelits, white embossing powder, dimensionals


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!