Friday, April 1, 2011

Hippity Hoppity Petal Cone Carrot

  So sorry I've been MIA for a week.  I just don't know where the time goes sometimes!  Just when I think I've gotten organized to be able to do everything something comes up and there go my great plans!  Oh well, I'm sure you all have days/weeks like that right?  Please say yes so I feel better!  =)  Anyway, I had a great turn out this week for my monthly stamping event.  For any of you that are in the Richmond, VA area who might be interested in attending one of my events I've now added a Tuesday morning session (9:30am-11:30am) to my schedule.  So check my calendar of events HERE to see what is coming up!

  To get ready for spring and Easter we made these adorable carrot treat holders.  It uses the Petal Cone die shown on page 15 of the Occasions mini catalog.  This is the same die that I used to make my Valentine's Day Heart Banner.  I love being able to make so many different projects with just one die!

  First we cut out our pieces with the Big Shot.  We needed 2 Pumpkin Pie pieces for the box and then 4 Old Olive half scallop circles for the finishing touches at the top.  We inked up the Sanded background stamp with Pumpkin Pie ink and stamped both pieces of the carrot.  The heart shaped pieces don't fully fit on the background stamp but you don't have to worry about getting the stamp on the flaps since those will be covered up by the Old Olive pieces anyway.

  We used Sticky Strip to put our carrot together and then punched 2 small holes on opposite sides to run our taffeta ribbon handle through.  We attached the Old Olive pieces and then held down the flaps with a dimensional.

  And of course you can't leave a treat box empty right??  We filled up a small cello bag with spring M&M's and tied the top off with some hemp twine.  Totally fun right?  Wouldn't this look cute hanging from your kitchen chairs when your kids got up on Easter morning? 




Stamps: Sanded

Ink: Pumpkin Pie

Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive

Accessories:  Petal Cone die, Sticky Strip, Old Olive taffeta ribbon, small cello bag, hemp twine, dimensionals, M&M's

Thanks for looking! Did you stamp today?

5 comments:

  1. This is adorable and so much easier than trying to get the top to stay together with a ribbon thru it like I have been trying to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Love this idea!! LOve the green scallops around it and that it is "open"! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Love that you used "Sanded" on the carrot. I love that Petal Cone Die, so many uses! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great use of the Sanded background stamp! The carrot is super cute!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Great way to use the petal cone die.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!