Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Owl Line Up


So continues my love affair with the cute little owl from Animal Stories! I wanted to send a thank you card to the woman at my church who coordinates many of the programs, most recently vacation bible school. My 3 year old attended for the first time 2 weeks ago and he had a blast and I wanted her to know. He listens to the CD of the music at least twice a day and says all kinds of cute things that he learned there. The theme for the program was "Discovery Canyon" and each day there was a new animal who helped convey the days message. One of the animals just happened to have been an owl. Perfect! I didn't have any other canton themed stamps so the owl it was!

For the colors I was inspired by a photo in a kids clothing catalog I received the other day. There was a raincoat that had all of these colors. The layout was today's Sketch Challenge on Splitcoaststampers. The owls are stamped and cut out and popped on dimensionals and the bit was twine was some scrap that I had saved. The background is one of the cool circles from the new Circle Circus set.

Stamps: Animal Stories, Circle Circus

Ink: Soft Suede, Dusty Durango, Bermuda Bay

Paper: Soft Suede, Bermuda Bay, Regal Rose, white

Accessories: scallop square punch, dimensionals, twine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!