Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Putt Putt Birthday Cars


This is a fun and quick guy card I made for a friend's 30th birthday. I really like this set and wish it wasn't on the dormant list. Even though it is still available for purchase it isn't in the catalog and sadly "out of sight, out of mind" when it comes to people ordering it. If you have this set I challenge you to get it out and add some great cards to the Splitcoaststampers Putt Putt gallery. Let's give those little stamps some love!

I had been kicking around this color combination in my head for a while as I think it might work well for my youngest son's room when he gets too old for the baby yellow that it is now. Now I just have to convince my husband that Tempting Turquoise is not a girl color and that yes, some Pumpkin Pie accents would look very cool.... Anyway, back to stamping... I also used last week's Limited Supplies Challenge on Splitcoaststampers for a starting place. The challenge was to use something with an engine on your card and limit your layers and embellishments.

I stamped the cars using black stazon and used my stamp-a-ma-jig to line them up. I watercolored them using my aquapainter and picking up ink from the inside of my inkpads. The sentiment is from Party Hearty and I used my small and large tag punches and a scrap of ribbon to finish it off.

Stamps: Putt Putt, Party Hearty

Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, Night of Navy, black stazon

Paper: white, Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie

Accessories: small and large tag punches, aquapainter, grosgrain ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!