Monday, July 20, 2009

Non-Traditional Baby Card


It felt great to get in my stamp room this weekend and get a few cards made for some upcoming occasions as well as get caught up on some cards that I should have had made before we went on vacation and just didn't get to. All of the boys birthday thank yous went out in todays mail so I am free from that now and ready to play! The more I play with the new In Colors the more I like them. I also keep seeing them in all the stores too (I couldn't resist the Rich Razzleberry tanktop!).

I needed a baby card to go with a little gift for friends who just had their second child...a little girl. I also wanted to get some more ink on the new set Animal Stories. I know this isn't a traditional looking baby card but I love how rich these colors look together. Nothing really crazy on this card but I like how the large swirl from Baroque Motifs looks just on the corner of the card and it anchors the smaller sentiment from Fundamental Phrases. I used the stamp-a-ma-jig to get my elephants all in a row. And a quick strip of scallops "girls" it up just a bit more as I don't have the new In Color ribbons (yet!).

Stamps: Animal Stories, Baroque Motifs, Fundamental Phrases

Ink: Crushed Curry, Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo

Paper: white, Crushed Curry, Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo

Accessories: scallop edge punch, stamp-a-ma-jig

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!