Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wild About Scraps


This is the second project for my stamp club last night. I was featuring retiring sets and I just absolutely LOVE Wild About You. I have used it for countless baby cards, kid birthdays, guy cards (the alligator is kind of manly!) and all around Thinking of You cards. I am sorry to see this set retire as it was one of my go-to sets the last several years.

I got the inspiration for the frame around the giraffe from the June issue of Stampin' Success, the magazines that demonstrators receive. Patricia Giesbrecht was one of the demonstrators showcased in this issue and she had made a card with a similar frame using thin strips of paper around the focal point image. I had an ah-ha moment when I saw it. I don't tend to throw a lot away including cardstock scraps....you know those thin little strips that you get when you cut away a 1/4 inch piece??....you have a nice thin piece but what to do with it??? This is a great way to use up some of those seldom used and always accumulating pieces. I just layered the Rose Red strips down first then took some narrower strips of Chocolate Chip and layered those on top. I finished off the corner with 2 flowers from Flower Fusion and a jeweled brad because I have a hard time saying no to embellishments.

Hopefully this will inspire you to use up some of those scraps you've been saving!

Stamps: Wild About You

Ink: Tangerine Tango, Chocolate Chip

Paper: Rose Red, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip

Accessories: Ticker Corner punch, Flower Fusion, jeweled brad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!