Tuesday, June 16, 2009

First Ever Blog Post- Father's Day Card

I made this card last week for my dad for Father's Day. He's a fisherman and I thought these cute guys from Just Beachy (in the Occasions Mini catalog- only available until June 30th) and the Manchester Designer Series paper would be perfect. On the inside I wrote something to the effect of "out of all the fish in the sea, we're glad to be in your school".

I used Sahara Sand ink on Very Vanilla cardstock for the background fish and Always Artichoke ink for the highlighted fish. He is colored in with Sage Shadow Stampin' Write marker and then covered with a healthy layer of Crystal Effects. And since not all of my stamping comes out even I ended up with a little bit of extra cardstock at the bottom of the fish panel. Easy enough to fix....add a few Antique Brass brads!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!