I recently gave my stampers a pretty color combo for inspiration and I found time yesterday to play around with it and see what I could make myself. I pulled out my Welcome Noel bundle and created a little winter village scene with a bit of sparkle!
The colors were Coastal Cabana, Berry Burst and Powder Pink. You might not think of these colors as a Christmas or winter combo but that's the direction I went! It was fun putting together this little scene using mostly the dies and a few easy techniques.
I started this card with a Coastal Cabana card base. I blended some Coastal Cabana ink along the top corners for a bit of shading. Then using my white gel pen I made a snowy sky. Love (!!!) the new Stampin' Up!® gel pens....they've worked perfectly every time I've pulled them out which is a huge step up from the others I've tried!! I started with the larger flakes, then made slightly smaller ones then finally I filled in with tiny dots.
The 2 layers of snowy trees were die cut with the top panel just and inch or so shorter than the other layer. All of the trees are covered in clear Wink of Stella for a shimmery snow effect. The shorter layer is also popped on dimensionals.
The houses are die cut with Basic White detail layer and the colored layers behind just showing through the openings. A few trees are stamped in Coastal Cabana with one being stamped off just for variety. The smaller house is popped on dimensionals.
The roofs and wreath are also covered in Wink of Stella to carry the snowy theme down the hill and a little Berry Burst sequin decorates the wreath. I played around with sentiments and their placement and couldn't come up with something that worked so I left it off. This could be a sweet Christmas card or a New Years card depending on what you choose!
Thanks for looking! Did you stamp today?
All of the current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.
Ink: Coastal Cabana
Paper: Coastal Cabana, Basic White, Berry Burst, Powder Pink
Accessories: Welcome Noel dies, white gel pen, clear Wink of Stella, dimensionals, Purple Adhesive-Backed Sequins (retired)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to comment!