I realized yesterday that I needed to do a card for the customer challenge I put up in my Facebook customer group. It was a color challenge and I only realized after the fact that 2 of the colors listed have retired. Oh well, that's what I get for planning challenges out too far. It at least it gave me a chance dig through my DSP and see what I had! And I have to tell you I was so surprised the the Florals in Bloom DSP is still available! And even better it's currently on sale for the month of August so don't wait to order it if you don't already have it! I used one of the sweet flower patterns for this simple congrats card.
Who wouldn't want to be celebrated by these little cuties from the Cutest Crew stamp set? I pulled the layout from the SUO Challenge which is to CASE one of the samples on page 13 of the Stampin' Up! May-August catalog. They are all great samples and I had a hard time deciding!
I started with a piece of retired Petunia Pop for the card base, then used a panel of Basic White to stamp the sentiment from Balloon Festoon towards the top in Gray Granite ink. Since I don't have the Rounded Rectangle punch I made do with cut rectangles and a corner rounder punch to get approximately the same shape. I made 3 DSP rectangles and then added them to the card front and trimmed off the overhang at the top and bottom.
The birds from the Cutest Crew stamp set are stamped in Gray Granite then colored with Blends. I fussy cut them and popped them up on dimensionals. A few pink adhesive sequins finish off this super simple design.
Thanks for looking! Did you stamp today?
All of the current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.
Stamps: Balloon Festoon, Cutest Crew
Ink: Gray Granite
Blends: Petunia Pop (retired), Pretty in Pink* (retired)
Paper: Petunia Pop (retired), Basic White, Florals in Bloom DSP
Accessories: dimensionals, corner rounder punch (retired), pink sequins (retired)
*currently on the Last Chance list


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to comment!