Monday, July 19, 2021

Hats Off Teammates! - Stampin' Up! Hats Off

  I definitely have to get back to posting more than once a week!  I have a few minutes so I'm sharing a card I made last month to send out to my downline team.  They are always very self-sufficient but I still like to touch base occasionally and what better way than with a card?!


  I had the fun idea to do a tie dyed hat using the Hats Off set and the Spiral Dye background and I think it came out nicely.

  I used Melon Mambo for the base, then embossed a piece of Coastal Cabana with the Tasteful Textile embossing folder.  I stamped a few stars in Coastal Cabana ink to balance the left side of the card.

  I cut a star out of Daffodil Delight and layered that behind a bit of black baker's twine.  The fun DSP is from the Host pack Pattern Party DSP.

  The hat starts with the Spiral Dye stamp using Melon Mambo and Daffodil Delight on Basic White cardstock.  I then stamped the hat outline right over the tie dyed pattern and then cut it out with the matching die.  I stamped and cut a second hat in Melon Mambo and then just cut out the brim to add to the tie dyed base.  I like the contrast and it's a little less busy than all tie dyed.

  The patch is made using a small sentiment from the Sweet Ice Cream set and cut out.  A Coastal Cabana star is added to bring a bit of that color to the hat layer.  The whole hat is popped on dimensionals.

  I had a few retired Coastal Cabana enamel shapes hiding in my drawer so I added those for a little extra.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Hats Off, Sweet Ice Cream, Spiral Dye

Ink: Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Memento black, Coastal Cabana

Paper: Melon Mambo, Coastal Cabana, Basic White, Pattern Play DSP, Daffodil Delight

Accessories: Hat Builder dies, Tasteful Textile embossing folder, baker's twine, dimensionals, enamel shapes (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!